Selenium rectifiers and suppressors are still used in the industry for their strong reliablity.
This technology has been mainly replaced by silicon diodes, providing a better efficiency and lower voltage drop.
Selenium components are very interesting for their reliability. Those components have the ability to recover after surge failure, which make them excellent for security applications.
COUGAR ELECTRONICS has been one of the leading company in the 50’s. We are the last firm still manufacturing parts made in USA thanks to our CT factory.
Elevator industry, Military and power generation
Despite most of our business is now focused on up to date semionductors like silicon diode, thysirtors, IGBT and SiC, our manufacturing department is serving elevator industry (otis, schindler, kone, thyssen krupp). We also serve specific fields like military or power generation application .
Service and Fast delivery
Our excellence in organisation, allow us to serve after-sales service with exceptional fast deliveries :
- same day shipping
- next day shipping
Looking for a part, call us !
If you look for a specific part number, or even if you do not have part number. Do not hesitate to call us.
We build and design any type of selenium rectifier or selenium suppressor.
Do not give up, thinking these components are impossible to find. We are here to help !
Troubleshooting a selenium rectifier or suppressor
Our customer service will be happy to help you to determine what’s the best solution.
Find parameters for rectifiers :
- Voltages: Standard Voltages per cell up to 36 v rms. The voltage rating is determined by the number of cells in series
- Current: Ratings are determined by the size of the cell or the number of cells in parallel. The circuit configuration and the type of cooling are also important factor to consider.
- Circuits: Half wave, Doublers, Center Taps, Full Wave Bridges, single and three phase.
Find parameters for suppressors :
- Ratings: Determined by the cell size and number of cells in a series (similar to rectifiers above).
- Suppressors are also rated by the voltage clamping factor and the amount of reverse energy they can absorb (in joules).