Cougar Electronic is producing standard and custom design selenium rectifier & Selenium Supressor. Still commonly used in industrial application, do not hesitate to send your design for any quotation.
All our selenium rectifiers and suppressors are made in house. That allows us :
- to be price competitive
- provide fast delivery
- manage quality and customer satisfaction
Selenium components are very interesting for their reliability. Those components have the ability to recover after surge failure, which make them excellent for security applications.
COUGAR ELECTRONICS can supply OEM replacement parts for the following list of manufacturers and suppliers :
- AEG Telefunken
- Bradley Labs
- General Electric
- International Rectifier
- Radio Receptor Corp
- Sarkes Tarzian
- ST Semicon
- Tung Sol
Replacement part for elevator
We supply spare parts for all the elevator industry
- OTIS elevator
- SCHLINDLER elevator
- KONE elevator
- THYSSEN KRUPP elevator
EXPRESS SERVICE AVAILABLE (for most PN)
- Same day shipping (order before 11AM EST)
- Next day shipping
SELENIUM POWER RECTIFIERS
A selenium rectifier is an electronic component that permits free passage of electric current in one direction, but almost completely blocks the flow of current in the opposite direction. Like a silicon diode, when an alternating current is applied to a selenium rectifier in series with the load, half of the AC cycle is blocked and the load receives a pulsating direct current. by using two or more rectifiers in an appropriate center tap or bridge circuit, both halves of the AC cycle may be rectified !
Main parameters :
- Voltages: Standard Voltages per cell up to 36 v rms. The voltage rating is determined by the number of cells in series
- Current: Ratings are determined by the size of the cell, the number of cells in parallel, the circuit configuration and the type of cooling, Current Ratings of 0.5 amps for a 1.0 X 1.0 cell in a half wave configuration to 270 amps for a 8.0 X 16.0 cell in a 6 phase circuit.
- Circuits:Half wave, Doublers. Center Taps, Full Wave Bridges single and three phase.
Selenum surge suppressors are designed to protect semiconductors from damage due to transient surges.
The selenium suppressors are used in applications to protect other components in the circuit such as motor- generators and other circuits with inductive components.
Main parameters :
- Ratings: Determined by the cell size and number of cells in a series similar to the power rectifiers.
- Suppressors are also rated by the voltage clamping factor and the amount of reverse energy in joules that they can absorb.