Communication & Monitoring Boards
COUGAR ELECTRONICS can support your power electronic design with a full range of communication and monitoring boards.
ARCCENTRA - Data warehousing board (1 to 4 IGBT/MOSFET drivers)
The ARCCENTRA board is a data interface for IGBT and MOSFET drivers which dispatches the power supply, control and error signals from one single connector to 3 or 4 self-functioning channels.
A power supply matching to 15V is also available on the ARCCENTRA, with a power output up to 25W as well as the possibility to drive a fourth driver or a brake. You can also have an input for monitoring and alarm signals (temperature, voltage, current…) to be used with measure devices such as the ARCTU3I board.
- Connector technology to DIN41651 format
- Input : 1 x 26-pin connector
- Output : 4 x 14-pin connectors
- 1 x 20-pin connector for monitoring and error signals
- Power supply from 10 to 25W
- Input voltage 18 to 36V
- Output voltage : 15V regulated
- Large range of temperature -40 to +85°C
- Complete compatibility with ARCAL2106, ARCAL2315 and ARCTU3I boards
ARC MC- Data warehousing board for drivers, measuring & monitoring
The ARC-MC board is an interface for IGBT or MOSFET drivers which despatches the power supply, control and error signals on 3 independent channels or on a connector which groups all the orders.
In addition to that the ARC-MC board offers a 24V / ±15V – 1.5A adaptation.
The ARC-MC is also a measuring and monitoring board for power systems. It is able to measure up to 7 parameters simultaneously and to release a default in case of unusual operating of the application.
The measured values are following:
- 1 to 3 temperatures (with the ARCAL-E+3P)
- 1 to 3 currents (alternating or direct)
- 1 DC bus voltage
Each default threshold can be inhibited and offers a hysteresis for a better immunity against disturbances. The specifications and the architecture of the ARC-MC make it easy for use in very different applications.
- DIN41651 connector technology
- Input: 1 x 26-pin connector
- Output: 3 x 14-pin connectors or 1 x 26-pin connector
- 40W power supply
- Input voltage : 15V to 36V
- Output voltage : 15V regulated
- Full compatibility with ARCAL-2106, ARCAL-2315, ARCAL-E+3P and ARCAL-E+boards
- Measure of 1 to 3 currents, of 1 voltage and of 1 to 4 temperatures
- Default for temperature overshoot
ARCAL FO - Fiber distributed data interface for ARCAL drivers
The ARCAL-FO board is a fibre distributed data – control signals interface. One board is enough to drive up to 3 ARCAL drivers at the same time.
This board includes two control optical fibres for each channel as well as an optical fibre for the return default. Each HE14 connector enables to connect a driver board of the ARCAL range.
ARCAL FO E+ Fiber distributed data interface for ARCAL drivers
The ARCAL-FO-E+ board is a fibre distributed data – control signals interface. It enables to drive an ARCAL-E+210 board mounted on an Econopack+ module in a three-phase structure.
- Fibre distributed data interface
- Measure of DC Bus voltage
- Board compatible with IGBT driver board ARCL-E+210 and the ARC-MC-E+ measuring board
- Centralizes on an « Error » optical fibre the 3 IGBT defaults of the
drivers as well as the temperature default.
ARCCLAMP 1 - IGBT V CE clamping board for IHM140*130
ARCCLAMP1 board has been especially designed for Vce clamping of IGBT in IHM140*130 package. It comes in complement with any gate driving board.
Vce clamping provides a strong protection of IGBTs when an abnormal over-voltage appears between Collector and Emitter terminals by re-injecting a gate current into the IGBT until the over-voltage has disappeared.
ARCCLAMP 2 - IGBT V CE clamping board for IHM140*190
ARCCLAMP2 board has been especially designed for Vce clamping of IGBT in IHM140*190 package. It comes in complement with any gate driving board.
V CE clamping provides a strong protection of IGBTs when an abnormal over-voltage appears between Collector and Emitter terminals by re-injecting a gate current into the IGBT until the over-voltage has disappeared.
ARCTU 3I - Measurements and Monitoring Board
ARCTU3I board was especially designed for power converters control systems and protection. Normalized voltage signals of 3 currents, 1 voltage and one temperature are available on a single DIN connector.
ARCTU3I can be used with 1 to 3 phase inverters and rectifiers or any other converter in the limit of inputs number and nature. Each channel can be turned on/off by the end user.
ARCTU3I also includes an automatic or manual (or both) brake control output compatible with ARCAL gate drivers.
- 3 phase currents (and sum) with overcurrent protection and grounding detection.
- Isolated DC voltage with brake control and overvoltage signal.
- Heatsink temperature monitoring with overtemperature signal.
- Fully isolated up to 4KV.
- Single 20 to 35V supply voltage with internal monitorings.
- Wide operating temperature range : -40 / +85°C
- General error and overtemperature outputs on positive or negative logic.